Sunday, February 10, 2013

Destination Exploration

After my last post I figured "Why not just join DeviantART?" So I did. And since I was already browsing sci-fi concepts it only made sense to tag angelitoon's gallery as the first of many favorites to come.

With his permission, I thought I'd give you a taste of what's in store


These are a few pieces I put together in Illustrator because, to me, they felt very relative to one another.

The building concepts (lower left) totally remind me of the Mega City One super towers from the remake of Judge Dredd. I especially like 2, 4, 8, 12, and 13 - I think it's the balconies that intrigue me. As for the upper left concepts, some look like buildings and others looks like huge cruiser ships. D in particular looks like a monstrous battleship that would patrol the skies of the upper atmosphere, hence why I included the color pic. This is almost exactly what I had pictured in my head before I even flipped to that image in his gallery.

The black and white landscape thumbnails help to tie everything together. Imagine which buildings fit in which environment and what crafts occupy the airspace. Is there only one terrestrial planet in the system, or are many worlds inhabited? Based on the landforms, imagine what the atmospheric composition is. Have at it.

Many thanks to angelitoon for graciously sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment