Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Find a Job, Keep Flying

I've had intergalactic shipping on the brain lately, mostly because of Firefly and the blu-ray Star Wars sets I just purchased. Per the suggestion of a starjockey friend, I had purchased several of the Star Wars Essential guidebooks. As I flip through the pages of planets, trade routes, and ship cross sections my mind wanders. And as is my wont, I gravitate (yes a space pun, deal with it) toward online generators to whip up a setting.
It's either new to Donjon, or I just haven't noticed it amidst the array of star system gennies, but I came across this:

Star Wars Freight Jobs

I like the basic premise, but I figure it must be applicable to more than just Star Wars. It will take some tinkering, but I'm going to try to come up with a similar dice-based job generator. I will also attempt to create a Traveller cargo generator to determine just what is going in the hold for the journey. It's going to be a long weekend and I may get just bored enough to do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment